Office Assistant (part-time)
Part-time clerical position working 25 hours per week in our Mechanicville site. Will perform all office/clerical duties to ensure a smooth operation of the office as well as other duties to support the daycare staff including filing, delivering mail, document tracking, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages for regional level offices. Shop for event supplies when needed.
Will fill-in for classroom staff to maintain room ratio and coverage when needed.
- Ensuring general office administration and support functions.
- Maintaining data entry files/systems and family files.
- Handling telephone communication with tact and courtesy.
- Copying/scanning as requested from staff and supervisor.
- Distributing mail to families, staff, management and main office.
- Maintain inventory and supplies, coordinate orders when necessary.
- Maintain approved referrals and resources in file folders, form books, accessible to Family Educators and supervisor.
Supports classroom staff with absenteeism and cancellations by offering coverage in the classroom or during socialization times. Will interact with teaching staff and parents during these times.
Assists Region Manager with organizing child care and transportation support to families for program events and functions.
Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
This position offers $13.20 per hour and is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:00pm
REQUIREMENTS – please send a cover letter along with a resume
A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
One year of working in an office setting.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Must be willing to obtain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Comfortable assisting in a daycare classroom when needed. Able to work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
Paid Vacation, Paid Personal and Paid Sick Time
Paid School Breaks
Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.