At the very foundation of Healthy Alliance is a shared belief that we exist only because we continue to foster impactful, real change for the community’s most vulnerable. Working with community-based organizations, health plans, hospital systems, and more, we advocate fiercely for health equity within and across all neighborhoods.
Dedicated to promoting a culture built upon autonomy, mastery, and purpose, we believe our differences in strengths and perspectives play an integral role in propelling us forward, while our core values ground us, serving as the common thread that unites our team.
As a 2019-21 Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work and a 2021-2022 Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in health care award recipient, we strive to maintain a culture wherein high-performing, mission-driven team members collectively work toward better health for all.
The purpose of the Performance Consultant role is to work directly with network partners to ensure successful implementation and execution of terms identified in Alliance contracts. Performance Consultants will be responsible for managing partners’ participation and performance through on-site and remote communication, hold monthly on-site visits to conduct partner risk and needs assessments and provide strategic development of plans to align partner performance with successful implementation of contract deliverables.
Remote work is optional, but candidates must be located and able to visit Partners located in the Capital Region.
Primary responsibilities of the Performance Consultant include but are not limited to:
- Operate as the primary point of contact for all matters related to partner relation.
- Manage onboarding and training support for Healthy Together, our referral network.
- Oversee partner contract and performance management.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to meet partner needs and ensure positive partner experience.
- Hold monthly on-site visits with partners and quarterly meetings with executive teams.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Alliance solutions and services according to partner contracts.
- Conduct partner risk assessments and identify any barriers that impact meeting contract deliverables and resolve issues, when appropriate.
- Identify partner needs and connect to appropriate Alliance stakeholders.
- Use Alliance tools and resources to inform partner communications and meetings.
- Track and communicate monthly partner performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgement to maintain project specific timelines and communicate project expectations and timelines with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Medicaid and local transformation, including waiver programs, triple aim, and value-based purchasing.
- Embody Alliance vision, mission, and goals.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Significant and relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of educational experience. Degree in health or social services or related field preferred.
Professional Work Experience
- Consulting, account management, health or business administration, social work, human service, or nursing experience preferred.
- Experience with clinical process improvement and performance improvement.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social determinants of health, community-based organizations (CBOs), clinical care settings, Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program, and value-based purchasing (VBP).
- Comfortable with preparing and presenting proposals, reports, updates, data, summaries, etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Able to travel in and around the Capital Region area as needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals.
- Ability to perform in team-based environment with dedication to support co-workers.
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and activities with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement techniques.
- Familiarity with process mapping and workflow analysis tools.
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn additional software applications.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change as part of a start-up culture.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- LEAN experience/certification preferred.
- Performs all work in accordance with Alliance core competencies and values.
This position involves sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing, use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone. May include light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds independently or with assistance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Healthy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment laws in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
This job function involves potential access/interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Healthy Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to Healthy Alliance’s sanctioning policy, which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.
Healthy Alliance is an at-will employer.