Pharmacy, Leader, Pharmacy Reporting and Analytics #855
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
This position provides oversight, leadership and guidance for the clinical reporting programs within the Pharmacy department. Responsible for directing daily operations of the pharmacy analytics programs, including but not limited to request for information (RFI) or request for proposal (RFP) analysis and responses, all Rx data feeds (inbound and outbound), pharmacy trend analysis, regulatory reporting, and performance monitoring. Directs supervisory, training, performance management and evaluation responsibility for the analyst(s), coordinator(s), and/or support staff supporting department operations, reporting and analytics programs. Serves as key support member for reviewing and solving complex analytical requirements, RFI/RFP and trend analyses, core system application requirements, and liaison to other analytical or technical teams. Serves as a resource to internal and external customers regarding pharmacy analytics and reference data. Represents department on internal committees and projects/initiatives as assigned. Supervises and mentors pharmacy interns as required. Assists with departmental audits and quality improvement activities. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned. Position will require regularly scheduled on-call weekend rotations and may require travel.
This position can be worked onsite or as a hybrid position - a combination of working remotely (virtually) from within New York with the ability to work from one of our NY office locations with some regularity (1-2 days per week). Location near one of MVPs New York state office locations is strongly preferred (Schenectady, Rochester).
BS in business administration, computer science, information systems, business management or equivalent level of experience.
Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience with direct data analysis or business intelligence, in a healthcare or pharmacy benefit manager environment.
Prior supervisory or leadership role preferred.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with internal and external staff.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with stressful situations in a calm and diplomatic manner.
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated success in building an effective, collaborative, diverse team.
• Exceptional organizational and strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret, evaluate and act on data and problem solve independently.
• Superior attention to detail and time management skills.
• Strong technical skills including MS Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); analytical software (e.g. MedeAnalytics).
• Familiarity with healthcare benefits, pharmacy and medical terminology, and pharmacy claims adjudication process.
• Ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time in front of a computer.
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Please apply and learn more – including how you may become a proud member of our team.