Pharmacy, Professional, Pharmacy Coordinator
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
The individual will work with MVP contracted pharmacy benefits manager and internal departments to ensure a positive member experience. Responsible in conjunction with other pharmacy team members for developing, evaluating and implementing new pharmacy benefits offered by MVP. Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and testing pharmacy product implementations in concert with other pharmacy team members, MVP coworkers, and vendors. Gatekeeper for interactions and leader in special projects with the MVP pharmacy benefits manager. Acts as a departmental resource with regards to pharmacy operations. Coordinates and/or monitors requests and performance reporting between Pharmacy vendors and MVP. Responsible for monitoring, submitting, and tracking reports in conjunction with other pharmacy team members. Performs other related duties as assigned.
BA/BS degree strongly preferred. Equivalent, relevant managed care experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in healthcare/health insurance required.
Two years in a pharmacy related role within healthcare preferred
• Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel (intermediate skill level)
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of pharmacy claims processing and pharmacy benefit designs
• Knowledge of medical claims processing and medical benefit designs
• Excellent analytical skills required
• Superior attention to detail and strong project management skills
• Ability to lead and contribute in meetings to gather requirements and communicate status
• Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods
• Some statistical background or experience a plus
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.