Physical Plant Associate
The major responsibilities of the Physical Plant Associate are the maintenance and upkeep of the facility and grounds. The Physical Plant Associate also performs minor and major modifications and repairs to the facility, equipment, and furniture.
Major Duties & Responsibilities: Analyzes, inspects and reports conditions in need of repair to Physical Plant Director.
• Performs basic building and grounds maintenance, including carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs in all facility buildings.
• Maintains a general understanding of equipment, systems, and facilities in order to perform maintenance duties effectively, under general direction.
• Performs scheduled preventative maintenance duties as required including, but not limited to, changing filters, light bulbs, cleaning of drains, painting, lubricating equipment. Monitors life safety systems (exit signs, emergency signage, etc.) and reports deficiencies to the Physical Plant Director.
• Performs all Physical Plant functions with workplace safety procedures, OSHA requirements, and all applicable federal, state and local regulations, to the extent that the employee is aware of from discussions with the supervisor and training.
• Recommends and implements methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
• Participate in self-development activities and training of others.
• Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. On-call duties required per schedule.
Plowing/shoveling/salting of campus as needed.
May need to be available nights/weekends Taping and painting skills a plus.
• Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business or as requested by supervisor or management.
HS/GED or currently in progress. General understanding of using power tools Clean driver’s license Vehicle to allow travel to work in inclement weather.