Pre-Kindergarten Lead Teacher
Location: Varies - Albany/Cohoes/Watervliet
Salary: Starting $31,500/10 month contract
Benefits: Vacation time and sick time, 401K, health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement benefits, and eligibility for additional third-party discounts.
Overview of Your Role
Prekindergarten Teacher will be responsible for planning, developing, and instructing students 3-4 years of age following the approved City School District curriculum goals, standards, and learning objectives creating developmentally appropriate lessons and experiences for academic and social-emotional achievement. The classroom configuration is 18 students, 1 teacher, and 1 teacher assistant. This will be a 10-month contracted position working for BGCCA in collaboration with the City School District.
For interested applicants, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Leadership & Supervision
- Communicate and work with your Teaching Assistant to implement the planned lesson.
- Evaluate and coach your Teaching Assistant periodically according to the performance evaluation policy.
- Participate in offered Professional Development opportunities by the City School District and the BGCA.
- Create and submit weekly lesson plans based on the curriculum and the student's specific needs.
- Collaborate with the Teaching Assistant to deliver the plan and ensure all required materials are in class.
- Deliver creative, hands-on classroom activities based on predetermined units of study and students' needs.
- Complete progress reports, attendance, progress monitoring, summary/goal sheets, and monthly updates, and complete any additional required paperwork in a timely manner.
Health & Safety
- Follow and maintain the school district health and safety regulation policies.
Internal: Communicate with UPK Director, fellow Prekindergarten Teachers, Teaching Assistants, CSDA staff, and students to work together, instruct, discuss issues, and receive/provide information.
External: Maintain open lines of communication with parents, CSDA staff, and School Administration, to maintain the success of daily programming.
CREDENTIALS, SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Background check clearance (State Ed.).
- At least an Undergraduate Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Child Development, or any other related field.
- Valid NYS Teaching Certificate in Early Childhood Education or Masters equivalents such as Literacy B-6th or Curriculum Development, OR currently enrolled in a certification program.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Capital Area is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse workforce. Persons from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply.