Preschool Daycare Teacher - UPK
This position is the lead in a daycare classroom of Head Start children. Will facilitate team planning, implementation, and supervision of classroom activities. Provides supervision to Assistant Teachers and Program Aides working in the classroom. Works with typically developing children and children with disabilities. Serves as the representative and liaison between the classroom team and case management team.
- Works with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Directly supervises all classrooms staff and conducts on going supervision.
- Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Schedule and arrange meetings, and documents parent-teacher conferences and home visits as required. Complete a minimum of two home visits per year and as needed.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
Candidates must send a cover letter along with a resume reflecting NYS Teaching Certification in a preschool category.
Position starts at $19.27 per hour, $20.03 if candidate holds required teaching certifications and a Master's Degree. A higher rate of pay may also be considered based on previous relevant teaching experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Valid NYS Teaching Certification in a preschool category.
- 1 year of staff supervision experience along with successful and proven techniques for management of staff.
- 1 full year teaching in an early childhood program/daycare/classroom.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications as needed.
- Some evening work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits and Parent Committee Meetings.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
- LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.