Are you inspired by working with young children and want to be an important role for them and their families?
ACAP is offering a hiring incentive up to $3,000.00 for qualified candidates!
Join an organization which has been providing quality education services through the Head Start and Universal Pre-K models for over 55 years. As a Preschool Teacher, you play an important in developing the foundation for a child’s success not only in school, but throughout their life. You, along with the site team, will provide structure and healthy learning environments to help children and their families grow. Responsibilities include:
- Plan and implement teacher-directed and child-initiated activities in your classroom
- Provide safe and developmentally appropriate learning environments, curriculum, and activities which are in compliance with the regulations from Early Childhood Education, Head Start, and Office of Children & Family Services Day Care Regulations
- Prepare lesson plans and complete assessments, program notes, and other necessary documentation
- Collaborate with families to develop positive relationships and ensure they receive quality education and support from ACAP and other community services
- Assist with the ongoing recruitment and transition of children to ECE program(s)
Starting at $18.92 per hour for candidates with a Bachelor's degree;
Starting at $17.38 per hour for candidates with an Associate's degree;
Monday-Friday; 35 hours per week; 44 weeks per year
ACAP is also seeking certified teachers:
Starting at $19.66 per hour; Monday-Friday; 35-37.5 hours per week; 44 weeks per year
Associate’s degree in early childhood education or related field with at least 15 hours of ECE coursework required. A Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education preferred. A minimum of one (1) year of classroom experience required. Valid driver’s license is a plus. Bi- or Multi-lingual skills are a plus.
ABOUT ALBANY COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP
Albany Community Action Partnership (ACAP), the Community Action Agency (CAA) for Albany County, has been a source of direct support for families living in poverty for over 50 years. Our services are administered through three departments: Career and Community Services, Early Childhood Education, and Energy Services. Each year, ACAP fosters opportunities for self-empowerment and enrichment in the lives of thousands of young children and families. Our mission is to partner with families and communities to expand opportunities and build stronger networks to foster upward economic mobility.
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; Sick, and Personal Leave; Summers and school breaks off; 403(b) with employer contribution; six (6) paid holidays; Tuition Assistance; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and Opportunity for Advancement!
You may apply on our website at albanycap.org/careers-at-acap. OR
You may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.