Preschool Teacher Aide Floater
Teacher Aide Floater is part of the team who assists in activities in the daycare classroom. Works with typically developing preschool age children and/or children with special needs. As a Floater, will be assigned to various classrooms or sites as deemed necessary for program operations. Candidate must be willing to work where needed within the Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa area of Saratoga County.
- Assists staff in all classroom or parent and children activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents/toys clean and orderly.
- Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises.
- Serves as a substitute in the absence of the teacher or assistant teacher.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
REQUIREMENTS - Please send a letter of interest along with a resume.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience working in a classroom with preschool children and familiarity interacting with teaching staff.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, possess own transportation and be able to drive a company vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions if necessary.
BENEFITS - Positions works 35 hours per week, 51 weeks per year and offers $12.68 per hour.
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time, Paid School Breaks
Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.