Preschool Teacher - UPK
Leads a classroom of Head Start children by facilitating team planning, implementation, and supervision of classroom activities. Will work with typically developing children and children with disabilities. Shares the responsibility for parent education and supporting parent involvement in the program. Provides supervision to Assistant Teachers, Program Aides and volunteers.
- Work with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Directly supervises all classrooms staff and conducts on going supervision with classroom staff.
- Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Schedule and arrange meetings, and documents parent-teacher conferences and home visits as required. Attend CPSE meetings when scheduled.
Candidates must send a cover letter along with a resume reflecting NYS Teaching Certification in a preschool category.
Position starts at $17.96 per hour, $18.47 if candidate holds required teaching certifications and a Master's Degree. A higher rate of pay may also be considered based on previous relevant teaching experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Valid New York State Teaching Certification in a preschool category.
- At least 1 year supervision experience with proven techniques for managing staff.
- At least 1 full year teaching in an early childhood program/classroom.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications as needed.
- Above average organizational computer and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid School Breaks
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Manager at email@example.com