POSITION: Process Engineer, System Solutions
LOCATION: Albany, NY
SUMMARY: The Process Engineer is responsible for developing conceptual equipment layouts, operational theories, safety & compliance evaluations, and functional testing of electrolyzer systems. After initial product release this position is also accountable for permitting support, commissioning support, and continual improvement of electrolyzer products at both customer and company owned locations. The Process Engineer shall work with a cross discipline internal product development team in addition to external vender’s engineering to ensure the conceptualized designs are a thoroughly vetted to become a product with continuous operation. The ideal candidate should possess a background in chemical, process, or industrial engineering and must be willing to travel to deployment locations when required to assist in unique commissioning or complex troubleshooting efforts; up to 25% of the time.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, develop controls strategies, perform Hazard and Operability Studies, perform Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis studies, and specify critical balance of plant components for hydrogen generating systems.
- Create manufacturing and service procedures as necessary to support the assembly, installations, and continual operation of electrolyzer products.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of all the organization’s product designs and functionality to enable acting as a Subject Matter Expert for hydrogen generation systems
- Develop and lead projects for equipment cost reduction and efficiency improvement
- Act as Responsible Engineer and coordinate/collaborate with internal personnel for testing and deployments of new or modified technology
- Interface with vendors as necessary to vet their offering, gain critical information for troubleshooting, or implement improvements
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to component and automation engineers as to how overall system and individual equipment is meant to operate
- Provide expertise to assist the construction management team with drawing development and permitting as needed
- Review operational data and construction/assembly drawings to assist in complex troubleshooting efforts with field service personnel
- Represent the organization in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in chemical, process, industrial, or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in process/chemical plant environment.
- E.I.T. certificate or P.E. license highly preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally; up to 25% of the time.
- To deployment sites for infrastructure commissioning or troubleshooting
- To meeting with venders and verify equipment operation.
- Experience in any of the following spheres of activity is preferred and highly valued:
- Hydrogen and/or fuel cells
- Cryogenic Industry
- High Pressure Systems (250 Bar and up)
- Gas processing and/or dispensing equipment
- Oil and Gas, CNG, LNG, etc…
- Possess computer/software skills as applicable to the position including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Visio
- Driven and self-motivated with excellent follow-through.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism with an uncompromising dedication to quality design & documentation and operational safety
- Demonstrate analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.