New York eHealth Collaborative - Procurement Coordinator
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network to connect healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC's policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief).
Please click here to apply: Procurement Coordinator
NYeC is seeking a Procurement Coordinator who is a driven and committed team player to assist with the centralized procurement processes. The Procurement Coordinator will report to the Senior Director, SHIN-NY Contract and Project Management. This role will work closely with all teams across the organization and align processes with both the Fiscal and Legal teams.
This role will be based out of our Albany, NY office. At this time, this role has a hybrid work schedule. All staff are required to work in the office 1 day per week (currently Tuesdays). There are then at least 30 additional in-person days that are expected each year on top of the 1 day required per week. Stakeholder visits, all staff meeting days, development days, and conference attendance count towards the additional 30 days. This schedule is subject to change.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Administer NYeCs centralized procurement processes (i.e. the process for procuring goods and services for the entire organization);
- Assist in the development, review, updating, and implementation of procurement process documents and trainings; Trainings may include in-person and/or virtual all staff learning sessions;
- Administer and maintain NYeCs contract and procurement management system;
- Work closely with the program teams to understand the details of the procurement requirements;
- Communicate with vendors to request required procurement documents, review submitted documents for completion and compliance with procurement rules and ensure that documents are appropriately routed internally and externally;
- Assist with the development and review of all RFPs (Request for Proposals), RFIs (Request for Information), Industry Surveys, scoring instruments, etc.;
- Run reports in the contract management program and work with program teams to determine next steps for existing licenses, contracts, etc.;
- Create vendor request forms with all supporting documentation for legal review;
- Effectively manage and identify solutions to challenges. Identify ways to improve internal work methods, processes, and template documents;
- Clearly communicate with others;
- Assist the Senior Director, SHIN-NY Contract and Project Management with any vendor or contract performance issues, as requested.
- Assist with tracking deliverables, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED required. Associate degree in business administration or a related field preferred;
- 2 to 4 years professional working experience in a procurement field;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative by being a highly-engaged creative thinker and problem solver;
- Ability to multi-task, work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and set priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in written form with a variety of stakeholders (including business, policy, technical, legal and operational stakeholders, NYeC leadership, external stakeholders and team members).
- Ability to effectively manage and stick to timelines and update the team if there are any barriers throughout.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with attention to quality of detail;
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and involvement;
- Occasional travel required (overnight and/or daily, within NY state and to NYeC offices).
- Experience in reviewing and interpretating contract terms and conditions a plus;
- Contract management system experience preferred, Agiloft experience a plus.
- Experience with Jira, DocuSign and/or Adobe a plus;
- Teams video/meeting experience for training staff preferred.
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills, experience, qualifications, and home office location (Manhattan, NY vs. Albany, NY). The annual base salary range for this Albany based role is $60,000 - $65,000. The salary offer will not be based on a candidates salary history at other jobs, and by law, NYeC will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with NYeC. All compensation questions and comments should be directed to the HR Department representative during your application, interview, and hiring process.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at https://www.nyehealth.org/careers/ We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
Please click here to apply: Procurement Coordinator