Produce Market Assistant
The Produce Market Assistant position at Capital Roots is an exciting opportunity to increase fresh food accessibility in the North Central and Hillside neighborhoods of Troy, NY. The Market Assistant will oversee the day-to-day operations of the market ensuring customers have a positive shopping experience and access to a wide variety of fresh produce and local value added grocery items.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Strong communication skills and a friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to lift boxes in excess of 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle money and make change, process credit cards and use digital scales.
- Some knowledge about fruits and vegetables (the willingness to learn) is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience working with diverse communities and a genuine interest in the mission of Capital Roots.
- Engage with all customers to ensure each individual has a positive shopping experience.
- Solve logistical problems, and have an ability to build genuine and trusting relationships among customers, volunteers and co-workers.
- Assist in the day-to-day finances and monitor sales data including tracking sales trends and customers served.
- Support the daily functions of the Produce Market including stocking, cleaning and cashing out customers.
- Culling produce, stocking shelves, and keeping the market clean, functioning at capacity, and looking sharp.
- Must participate in Capital Roots events, staff meetings, and perform other duties as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS: This is a full-time, temporary position paid at an hourly rate of $13.00 per hour. We offer paid personal and sick time.
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences.
To fill out an application please contact:
Jessica Trowbridge, Operations Director
Capital Roots | 594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
NO CALLS PLEASE!
About Capital Roots - Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.