Professional, Telecom Engineer #912
Be a part of the transformation at MVP Healthcare. MVP Healthcare is a nationally recognized, regional not-for-profit health plan. We care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont and are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,600 employees. We are continually evolving the way MVP uses technology to grow our business, transforming the organization through Cloud Computing, Agile Delivery, and DevOps.
MVP Information Services seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented candidate for the position of Professional, Telecommunications Engineer. This position will be responsible for the design, build and operational support of MVPs enterprise telecommunications network, equipment, and related software. This includes acting as “hands and feet” support to install equipment or manage cabling at any of the MVP locations, configuring and troubleshooting telecommunication systems and maintaining related documentation. The Telecommunications Engineer shall be skilled in industry standard voice/VoIP and video communication concepts and be familiar with closely related data networking concepts that greatly impact telecommunication system performance.
The candidate should be an independent thinker with excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to work independently and ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to regulatory compliance issues as they exist and change from time to time.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
· Responsible for communicating organizational information through regular team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate written and interpersonal communication.
· Participate in all facets of requirements gathering, prioritization, testing and execution of requests.
· Build strong cross-organizational relationships; work collaboratively within the IT organization and business.
· Help identify, promote, and drive activities that will reduce technical debt and improve member experience.
· Troubleshoot telecommunication services and systems including managing strategic partners and vendors to ensure timely issue resolution.
· Configure hardware and software to established design standards and complete related documentation.
· Monitor day-to-day system performance, troubleshoot telecommunications problems and outages, participate in scheduled upgrades, and help ensure system optimization and efficiency.
· Act as subject matter expert (SME) for any project requiring telecommunications.
· Regularly update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and obtaining or maintaining industry certifications.
· Provide remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during system installation and configuration.
· Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
· Be responsible for system maintenance and validation.
· Be willing and able to support customer requests daily, identifying problems and documenting resolutions.
· Act as a liaison between customer and vendor to solve system problems.
· Provide education for customers regarding MVP’s telecommunication systems.
· Limited travel between MVP offices, including possible overnight travel.
College degree preferred.
Minimum 1-3 years professional experience in telecommunications or network infrastructure position. Experience with Avaya Communication Manager, Session Manager, and System Manager preferred. Experience with contact center configuration and administration and related concepts is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the PSTN concepts including ISDN, SIP, POTS, toll-free routing and carrier/provider management.
- Ability to perform technical analysis of hardware/software/telecommunication systems and components.
- Knowledge and ability to provide day-to-day support of voice, video conferencing, UC systems and users.
- Demonstrated understanding how to plan, design and implement telecommunication systems.
- Possess strong time management skills, exhibit self-motivation and desire to learn new things.
- Possess the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Maintain strong customer service focus and positive attitude.
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and end users.
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
· Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge and experience with CTI/screen pop, IVR and UC application integration preferred.
- Experience with managing gateways, session border controllers and endpoints preferred.
- Experience with creating and supporting call flows in Genesys Cloud preferred
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Teams PBX functions, direct routing and calling plans preferred.
- Experience with deploying and supporting cloud (IaaS, SaaS, Paas) solutions preferred.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Please apply and learn more – including how you may become a proud member of our team.