Program Administrator, Policy & Compliance
New York eHealth Collaborative - Program Administrator (Policy & Compliance)
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network to connect healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC's policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief).
NYeC is seeking a Program Administrator to provide high-quality support to the Policy, Compliance and Information Security teams. This position has a matrix reporting structure which means this role will formally report to one manager while also supporting and reporting to two other managers for certain projects and functions. This role reports to the Privacy and Compliance Manager, but also supports the Sr. Director, Policy, and Information Security Engineer.
This role will be based out of our Albany, NY office. This role has a hybrid work schedule with 1 day per week (currently Tuesdays) required to be operated out of the Albany, NY office location. There are 30 additional in-person days that are expected each year on top of the 1 day required per week. Stakeholder visits, all staff meeting days, development days, and conference attendance count towards the additional 30 days. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change.
Please click here to apply: https://www.nyehealth.org/careers/
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for supporting NYeC's Policy, Compliance and Information Security Teams in managing various program responsibilities, including but not limited to the creation, collection, organization, tracking and maintenance of documentation and evidence.
- Assist with coordination of meetings, including calendaring, tracking meeting attendance, maintaining minutes and membership lists, making website updates for Policy, Compliance and Information Security Teams.
- Provide content development support to the Policy, Compliance and Information Security Teams and other cross functional team members.
- Assist with writing content for communications with multiple stakeholders across both internal and external teams.
- Provide monitoring support for external and internal deliverables as requested.
- Submit deliverables using a document management system.
- Collaborate with the Privacy and Compliance Manager on all staff training efforts related to policy, compliance, and privacy.
- Assist with the tracking of federal and state legislative/regulatory activities as they pertain to NYeC policy, compliance, and privacy.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Associates degree required. Bachelors degree in business, political science, policy, project management, information science, public health, or a related field preferred. Masters degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience with similar responsibilities and tasks.
- Experience in conducting research and analysis in public policy.
- Working knowledge of applicable policy analysis techniques.
- Excellent people, teamwork, and time management skills to interact with senior staff, colleagues, cross- functional teams, and third-party partners effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working with Ademero or other document management software preferred.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills, experience, qualifications, and home office location (Manhattan, NY vs. Albany, NY). The annual base salary range for this Albany based role is $58,000 to $65,000. The salary offer will not be based on a candidates salary history at other jobs, and by law, NYeC will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with NYeC. All compensation questions and comments should be directed to the HR Department representative during your application, interview, and hiring process.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at https://www.nyehealth.org/careers/ We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.