STS Steel is an employee owned, highly respected steel fabricator of bridges, buildings, and hydraulic structures. We hold AISC quality certification for Buildings, Advanced Bridges, Hydraulic Structures with endorsements for Sophisticated Paint and Fracture Critical.
We are currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a full time Project Estimator. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, has the ability to see and understand large concepts while at the same time focus on the smallest details. This individual must be flexible in their daily routines, be able to manage multiple priorities, handle stress well while maintaining a cheerful personality.
- Analyze construction drawings and specifications to determine the scope of work required by our customer’s request for proposal (RFP).
- Use proprietary software to accumulate and price all required material and labor for a project.
- Coordinate requests for quotation to all subcontractors needed to complete the work required by our customer’s RFP.
- Prepare proposals outlining the scope of work and pricing for submittal to our customer.
- Assist in the preparation and tracking of contract change orders and subcontract agreements.
- Experience in the construction or manufacturing industry a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage data while under time pressure.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
- Honest, trustworthy, accurate, self-motivated, and dedicated to their career.
Pay and Benefits:
STS Steel offers a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive salary as well as:
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Opportunity to grow in an environment of integrity and trust
If you are interested in the position described above, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. STS Steel, Inc. is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.