Project Mechanical Engineer (8-15 years of experience)
PROJECT MECHANICAL ENGINEER (8-15 years of experience)
BBS is currently seeking a Project Mechanical Engineer for the firm’s Albany office. This
mid-level position is perfect for an independent engineer who, under supervision of a Senior
Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager, will be responsible for the design, production, and planning
aspects for projects of varying types, complexities, scopes and budgets.
Working at BBS, you are part of a multi-disciplined firm with a wide range of consulting services
located in-house, successfully delivering building and site projects for clients predominantly with
K-12/higher educational backgrounds for over 40 years. With 75% of our valued staff being employed
at BBS for over 10 years, and many for over 20 years, our vision is long term, and it includes the
most talented individuals in the industry. At BBS you will contribute to a wide range of projects
that help our clients understand the challenges placed before them today while connecting them to
the future. We support a workplace culture that encourages innovation, creativity, and camaraderie.
BBS Architects, Landscape Architects & Engineers, P.C. is Long Island-based, ENR New York Top 100
design firm, and No. 26 on the Building Design & Construction’s nation-wide School Sector Giants
list. We at BBS continually strive for excellence in providing integrated architectural, landscape
architectural and M/E/P engineering solutions to help our clients successfully plan, design, and
build their projects.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated self-starter with experience in the A/E/C
environment. The selected candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in the design of
K-12/higher educational and other type of building engineering projects. The candidate will also
have experience in working in teams with other professionals including Senior Mechanical
Engineers/Project Managers, project-level architects and engineers, and technical designers. He or
she should also have a dedication to the profession with a strong, self-motivated desire to learn
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pro-actively contributes to projects from conceptual design through construction
closeout, multiple at one time, under supervision of a Senior Mechanical
• Understands and designs building engineering systems, i.e. building HVAC, heating
plant, piping and plumbing systems.
• Produces construction documents and technical specifications for public bidding.
Follows production schedules and is able to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
• Works well with in-house design teams of other project architects and engineers,
designers, technicians and outside consultants, and works well with Construction Managers and
• Meets quality control requirements, cost budgets, and time deadlines as necessary to
ensure highest level of client satisfaction.
• Contributes to growing our Albany practice through new business development
initiatives including but not limited to assistance with new client outreach, follow-up, and
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Professional license or final stages of Engineer in Training Program (EIT).
• Minimum 8 years of engineering experience in an office environment.
• Strong design and technical skills. Understands and contributes to the process and
workflow of an A/E project design team, works within established cost budgets and timelines.
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills. Self-driven desire to
learn and grow professionally, independence, ability to multi-task and to meet multiple
simultaneous deadlines, client interaction and presentations.
• High-level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and MS Office.
• Project track record in the local A/E/C industry within the Capital District, Hudson
Valley, Mohawk Valley and Central New York regions. Experience in interacting with various level
government agencies and municipalities is a plus.
• Preference may be given to a candidate with strong K-12/higher education experience
in the noted geographical area.
• Comprehensive, competitive compensation package.
• Group health insurance, dental insurance, and vision discount program.
• Company-paid group life insurance.
• Supplemental life, spousal and dependent life and AFLAC plans available.
• 401k plan.
• Company-paid vacation and sick/personal time.
• Professional development program, professional licensing/certifications
If interested please send your resume to Bryan Manning, AIA, at email@example.com
BBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.