Quality Performance & Initiatives, Professional, Quality Program Manager #884
Status: Full-time, Exempt
MVP’s Quality department focuses on improving the clinical well-being of MVP members by focusing on improving key metrics of care. The Quality department is seeking a fast paced, organized, and driven candidate for the position of Quality Program Manager. This position will direct report to the Leader, Quality Operations and will support program-level activities to ensure the goals are achieved. Achieves objectives by supporting planning, understanding program requirements; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining improvement areas; and implementing change. Represents Quality on corporate level initiatives and will identify cross-project dependencies to proactively mitigate as necessary. The candidate should be analytical and comfortable with technology, able to capture Quality business requirements and liaison with technical and analytical teams across the organization. The candidate should be an independent thinker, curious, a strong collaborator, have excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple demands in an aggressive paced environment.
Specifically, this candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing processes to improve strategic planning and prioritization efforts
- Managing Quality vendor relationships
- Drive continuous process improvement and innovation, and helping to identify, promote, and drive activities that support
- Ensuring that business users can access the information needed to perform their respective roles. Providing user support, documentation, and training as needed.
- Communicating with management on status of projects including resource gaps and needs.
- Overseeing Quality communications throughout MVP
- Monitoring the external environment related to Quality improvement and innovations
- Supporting HEDIS processes and requirements as needed
- Supporting quality innovation efforts as needed
This position can be worked full-time onsite in an MVP office (Schenectady, Rochester or Tarrytown), as a hybrid position (combination of work from home and in an MVP office) or worked remotely from a New York or Vermont based residence.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Analytics or Health Sciences/Services related degree strongly preferred. Candidates who possess an Associate’s degree with the equivalent combination of related experience may also be considered.
- 1 - 3 years' project management experience required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in healthcare or managed care industry preferred.
- Experience in Quality Improvement and/or with HEDIS strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with NCQA quality submission requirements strongly preferred
- Possess strong planning skills with the ability to effectively prioritize of tasks, projects, etc. in a dynamic environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills with detailed knowledge of healthcare operations and datasets.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and end users.
- Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Please apply and learn more – including how you may become a proud member of our team.