Region Manager - Head Start Daycare
This position has the overall responsibility for providing leadership and assuring the implementation of all functions within the assigned region. Direct supervision of employees within the regional also requires coordination with Service Area Managers. This position oversees the smooth functioning of the program in the areas of child and family services, fiscal, human resources, transportation/vehicles, facilities, food services, inventory, child safety and technology in order to provide reliable, healthy and safe services to children and families, and to support the goals of the program. Position is based in Malta, NY but requires occasional visits to daycare sites in the Southern Saratoga County region.
- Maintain a safe, stable work environment for children and employees at all times.
- Understands and stays up-to-date on, and ensures compliance on Head Start Performance Standards, New York State Child Care Licensing and NYS UPK regulations.
- Works with Regional Coordinator and Center Director staff to ensure Head Start sites are operating in compliance with regulation and providing high quality early childhood programming on a daily basis. This includes maintaining appropriate staffing levels, working technology, clean and safe facilities and required recordkeeping.
- Works with Service Area Managers and Program Director to develop and implement a plan for program operations including active parent engagement and community partnerships in order to best meet the needs of the enrolled children and families.
- Coordinates ongoing performance feedback and the performance appraisal process with the Service Area Manager or designated supervisor for employees.
- Monitors staff attendance, approval of leave, submission of required leave forms and timely submission of approved, accurate time sheets.
- Provides on-going supervision, support and technical assistance to employees within region.
- Works with Finance Director and Program Director to oversee and reconcile expenditures in regional area and works to reduce costs and to operate all areas in the most cost effective way.
- Works closely with HR, Program Director and Service Area Manager in providing guidance and support in the preparation of employee personnel actions and application of personnel policies and procedures and completion of annual Individual Development Plans and performance evaluations.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
- Will be the point of contact as Center Director for base site.
Please send a cover letter along with a resume.
Position offers $21.00/hour.
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services, Social Work or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity and proven experience with supervision, staffing and performance development.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with New York State Day Care Licensing regulations, NYS UPK regulations and best practices related to early childhood education. Head Start experience is a plus.
- Experience interacting with families, young children and low income individuals preferred.
- Experience with safe and thorough basic cleaning and sanitation practices. Knowledge of facilities operations is helpful.
- Must have or be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele. Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment. Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.