Region Manager - Head Start Daycare Centers
This position has the overall responsibility for providing leadership and assuring the implementation of all functions within the assigned region. Direct supervision of employees within the regional also requires coordination with Service Area Managers. This position oversees the smooth functioning of the program in the areas of child and family services, fiscal, human resources, transportation/vehicles, facilities, food services, inventory, child safety and technology in order to provide reliable, healthy and safe services to children and families, and to support the goals of the program.
- Maintain a safe, stable work environment for children and employees at all times.
- Understands and stays up-to-date on, and ensures compliance on Head Start Performance Standards, New York State Child Care Licensing and NYS UPK regulations.
- Assists with data collection and analysis of regional community needs, including the Community Needs Assessment and Self-Assessment.
- Works with Service Area Managers and Program Director to develop and implement a plan for program operations including adult child ratios, assigning and maintaining Home Visitor caseloads, and maintaining enrollment and attendance as required per region.
- Responsible for working with the Service Area Managers in preparation for submission of the annual Program Information Report (PIR).
- Coordinates ongoing performance feedback and the performance appraisal process with the Service Area Manager or designated supervisor for employees.
- Monitors staff attendance, approval of leave, submission of required leave forms and timely submission of approved, accurate time sheets.
- Provides on-going supervision, support and technical assistance to employees within region.
- Works with Executive Director and Program Director to oversee and reconcile expenditures in regional area and works to reduce costs and to operate all areas in the most cost effective way.
- Works closely with HR, Program Director and Service Area Manager in providing guidance and support in the preparation of employee personnel actions and application of personnel policies and procedures and completion of annual Individual Development Plans and performance evaluations.
Please send a cover letter along with a resume.
Position offers $19.81/hour.
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services, Social Work or related field
- 3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity and proven experience with supervision, staffing and performance development.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with New York State Day Care Licensing regulations, NYS UPK regulations and best practices related to early childhood education. Head Start experience is a plus.
- Experience interacting with families, young children and low income individuals preferred.
- Must have or be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary. This is a mobile position requiring visits to daycare sites in the Northern Saratoga County region.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here