Regional Licensed Member Relationship Officer (Outbound)
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents,
nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.*
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in the Capital District.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our outbound Regional Licensed Member Relationship Officers are tasked with identifying, soliciting, and developing new and existing member relationships within our defined marketplace. This position will coordinate and lead business development efforts pertaining to existing member companies, business to business, in market events and new member recruitment, all in support of revenue and membership goals. The individual’s goal will be to enhance member service by acting in a hybrid capacity as both a Member Relationship Officer and a CAP COM Financial Services (CCFS) Representative focusing in market to build a book of business, offering expertise on all retail products, insurance, annuities, and other CCFS related products while maintaining an exceptional member experience. This role will not inherit a book of business but be tasked to bring outside business into our branch locations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Independently create and expand a personal book of business through proactive execution of sales plan.
- Use Member Advocacy strategies to conduct Financial Check-Ups for members, assessing needs and providing guidance and best practices
- Proactive outreach to maturing certificate lists with >$10,000 in balances
- Drive market networking efforts by attending and engaging in a minimum of two (2) events per week and assisting with CAPCOM@Work presentations as needed.
- Build a referral network internally and externally to create prospect pipeline.
- Partner with other lines of business for joint outside calling efforts when appropriate.
- Drive retention and share of wallet growth for CAP COM by building and maintaining relationships within the book of business, using outbound calling and other marketing strategies.
- Provide leadership within the Region, in conjunction with Sales Champions and Branch & Regional Managers.
- Conduct Insurance and Investment Workshops associated with CCFS.
- Maintain close contact with CCFS and obtain guidance proactively, as needed.
- Retain & utilize skills, systems and regulations associated with the products and services offered by CAP COM.
- Conduct appointments during extended hours and on Saturdays as needed.
LET’S TALK IF YOU
- Possess an associate’s degree and minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of branch experience (Senior MRO, for internal candidates) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- For internal candidates: Successful completion of the Pre-LMRO program (Senior MRO).
- Must possess NYS Life, Accident and Health Insurance License, Series 7 License and Series 63 License.
- Must possess Certified College Planner Accreditation.
- Have a demonstrated mastery of ClientWorks and Sales Force.
- Have a demonstrated mastery of Simplified Issue, Term Insurance, Single Premium Life Insurance and Fixed Annuities.
- Have demonstrated mastery of Account Opening, Score Authority, Disbursal Authority, NMLS, and Signature Guarantee & Notary skills.
TO THRIVE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and auditory communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to resolve member issues/concerns independently.
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonus potential and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)