Schenectady Community Home, Inc.
Joan Nicole Prince Home
22 Glenview Drive, P.O. Box 2122
Scotia, NY 12302-0122
Position: Residential Coordinator
Schedule: Part-Time (20 hours a week) **schedule can be discussed**
On-Call Days: Thursdays, with Wednesdays & Weekends Rotating
Position Summary: The Residential Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the resident/family care and services, ongoing volunteer training and support, and fundraising in conjunction with the Assistant Director and Executive Director.
What We Expect from You: As a Residential Coordinator, your job encompasses providing resident/family care and services. You will be expected to complete the following activities:
- Referral Intake
- Potential Resident Screening
- New Resident Admission
- Create Resident Care Plans with the Community Hospice
- Update/review/maintain Resident Binder Information (medications, documentation, changes,etc.)
- Maintain resident/family/Hospice/volunteer communication
- Provide rotating on-call support for residents & volunteers
- Provide bedside care to residents when needed
- Provide orientation & training for new volunteers
- Provide continued educational support for volunteers
- Maintain resident/family relationships with Home
- Provide support for fundraising & outreach
We expect our Residential Coordinator to be mission-focused and align well with the ever-changing needs of our non-profit. As an RC, we expect compassion, willingness, and understanding to be at the forefront of your mind while at JNPH. And of course, we expect our staff members to professional, willing to work with others, and eager to support our mission.
If you love…
- working with individuals & your community
- learning new skills
- changing the future of health care
- changing perspectives on death & dying
- educating others
THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU!
- 2+ Years Nursing or Caregiving credential (preferred)
- 2+ Years End of Life Care/Hospice/Palliative/Geriatric experience (preferred)
- 2+ Years Health or human services experience
- 2+ Years Education & Training experience
- Relevant experience including but not limited to program development, computer skills, public speaking, community support & fundraising
- This position is perfect for new or retired nurses/caregivers!
Salary: Pay is salaried and is based on level of experience, starting at $15,000 per year.
What You Can Expect From Us: The Joan Nicole Prince Home is an amazing place to work! Each day you get to work in a home environment surrounded by wonderful and compassionate community volunteers. At JNPH your day-to-day activities might change (you are never stuck at a desk!) but the feeling of success, content, community, and fulfillment never changes! There are so many opportunities to try new things, make a difference in the community, and change the lives of those most in need at the end of life.
The Joan Nicole Prince Home is a 501(c)(3) non-profit run 100% on donations and grants from the community- this means we are unable to provide medical benefits, but we are able to provide time off, a welcoming, friendly work environment & flexibility in your schedule!
Our Mission: To provide a safe, comfortable and caring residence for terminally ill people in need of a home during their final days.
The Joan Nicole Prince Home is a 2-bed non-profit comfort home that cares for terminally ill individuals at the end of life, free of charge! Our residents are individuals with the greatest need and fewest options at the end of life- our Home provides the comforts of Home, with a spacious backyard, individual bedrooms/bathrooms, living room, full kitchen, and open visiting hours. It is at our Home that residents get to live their final days comforted by family, loved ones, and kind volunteers in a home-like environment. To date, we have served over 225 individuals of all races, ethnicity, religions, and expect to serve between 15-20 annually. As a registered 501 (c)(3), our Home is run solely on donations, grants. Resident care is provided Monday- Sunday 7A-11P by trained volunteers & staff, with subcontractors covering overnight hours.
More information on our Home: https://www.joannicoleprincehome.org/