EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Risk Coordinator
Reports to: Risk Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE12
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Risk Coordinator is responsible for implementing the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program. Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and controlling risk within the Bank. The Coordinator reviews products and services on an ongoing basis to ensure an effective risk management process is in place. This position also reviews Vendor Management and Business Continuity Plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Administering processes for accurately measuring, monitoring, and controlling enterprise wide risk management.
- Prepares reports for monthly Risk Committee Review including board approved limits dashboard, enterprise risk management dashboard, trending reports, risk assessment summary, etc.
- Performs risk assessment annually and on new banking products and services.
- Reviews business continuity planning, model risk management, and vendor management.
- Model risk management validations.
- Quarterly risk assessment summary.
- An associate's degree in a business related field or equivalent level of education and experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Coordinators and customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
Treatment during employment
Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
Selection for training, including apprenticeship
Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
For more information and to apply: