ABOUT THE POSITION
In this position you would be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of our Schenectady office, providing quality customer service, connecting with business partners to offer a full spectrum of products and services, and leading the branch team to meet/exceed established goals for account opening, loans, and other business development. This position works out of our Schenectady office.
• Develop new business and strengthen existing relationships through researched business development calls, networking, and response to referrals; actively seek cross-sell opportunities
• Lead team through day-to-day operations; responsible for scheduling for one or more branches and assigned traveling staff; training; ensure employee and branch compliance with established policies and procedures
• Manage, coach and counsel staff to meet branch goals and achieve performance standards; encourage employee continuous improvement for career development
• Analyze and compare department and individual staff performance to expectations and goals; make necessary adjustments to meet goals
• Achieve established lending goals as determined by Corporate Banking Manager based on department and company-wide budget goals.
• Oversee and adhere to requirements pertaining to branch security, fraud prevention and BSA
• Prepare and review documentation and reports for management in a timely manner. Make presentations to customers, potential customers, and community as appropriate.
• Participate in Branch Services meetings, Officers Meetings and Board Meetings; regularly correspond with Regional Board Members
• Actively participate in Community Service as designated by Community Service Requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
• 6+ years experience in banking or sales required
• Ability to achieve NMLS certification and Signature Guarantee certification
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines
• Proven ability to succeed by connecting with community contacts and key community influencers
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal; comfortable communicating with customers, co-workers and management
• Excellent management, supervisory, and sales skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of organization as well as customers and community representatives
• Solid computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook • Strong math and analytical skills; attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
• Travel to various branches as needed
• Work rotating Saturday schedule
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We offer a pleasant work environment, career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and an exceptional benefits package. This position works out of our Schenectady office.
Saratoga National Bank & Trust Company has been serving the residents and businesses in the Capital Region since 1988. We offer exceptional service and outstanding products, and we are proud of our commitment to the community through both charitable giving and volunteerism. You can rely on our knowledgeable staff for sound advice and quality customer service.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard for: race, color, religion, national origin or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our HR Team serves the more than 500 employees of Arrow Financial Corporation’s subsidiaries – Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company, Saratoga National Bank & Trust Company, and Upstate Agency Insurance.
As a multi-bank holding company, Arrow Financial Corporation has over $2 billion in assets. Through our subsidiaries we provide a broad range of banking and insurance services across northeastern New York, including online and mobile banking, wealth management, money market and deposit accounts, and mortgage, consumer and commercial loans.
We are committed to delivering value for our shareholders, our customers, and our communities. Our conservative business model and strategy of steady growth have resulted in many recognitions from the nation’s leading publications and bank-rating firms.