BBS Architects, Landscape Architects & Engineers, P.C. is currently seeking a mid-career
Architect/Architectural Designer for the firm’s Albany office.
BBS Architects, Landscape Architects & Engineers, P.C. is a Long Island-based, ENR New York Top 100
design firm, and No. 20 on the 2019 Building Design & Construction’s nation- wide School Sector
Giants list. At BBS, we continually strive for excellence in providing integrated architectural,
landscape architectural and M/E/P engineering solutions to help our clients successfully plan,
design, and build their projects.
BBS is a multi-disciplined firm with a wide range of consulting services located in-house,
successfully delivering building and site projects for clients predominantly with K-12/higher
educational backgrounds for over 40 years. With 75% of our valued staff being employed at BBS for
over 10 years, and many for over 20 years, our vision is long term, and it includes the most
talented individuals in the industry. At BBS you will contribute to a wide range of projects that
help our clients understand the challenges placed before them today while connecting them to the
future. We support a workplace culture that encourages innovation, creativity and camaraderie and
as a result, have been named one of Newsday’s Top Work Places on Long Island by our employees.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking an Architect/Designer with 10 to 15 years of experience. Previous public-sector
experience is preferred. Candidates should be dedicated self-starters, able to work on teams and
to function alone when necessary, and should also have a dedication to the profession with a
strong, self-motivated desire to learn and progress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities will vary according to the level of position, which may be from
existing conditions documentation through design development, renderings, presentations,
construction documents, quality control, project administration, and management. We expect you
• Pro-actively contribute to projects from conceptual design through construction
• Produce construction documents and technical specifications for public bidding.
• Follow production schedules and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
• Work with in-house design teams of other project architects and engineers,
designers, technicians and outside consultants, as well as Construction Managers and client
• Meet quality control requirements, cost budgets, and time deadlines as necessary to
ensure highest level of client satisfaction.
• Contribute to growing our practice through new business development initiatives
including but not limited to assistance with new client outreach, follow-up, and
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills and experience will vary according to the level of the position however the following are
minimal requirements of all positions:
• Bachelor of Science in Architecture (4-year degree), Bachelor of Architecture
(5-year degree) preferred.
• Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe.
• Strong design and graphic skills, with ability to work in Sketch-Up or other
modeling/presentation software packages.
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
• Self-driven desire to learn and grow professionally, independence, ability to
multi-task and to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines, client interaction and presentations.
• Comprehensive, competitive compensation package.
• Group health insurance, dental insurance, and vision discount program.
• Company-paid group life insurance.
• Supplemental life, spousal and dependent life and AFLAC plans available.
• 401k plan.
• Company-paid vacation and sick/personal time.
• Professional development program, professional licensing/certifications
If interested please send your resume to Bryan Manning, AIA, email@example.com
BBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.