Provides above standard customer service. Accurately and efficiently completes customer transactions. Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by their supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors:
- Assists customers with all cash and non- cash related transactions and services. This includes but is not limited to: check cashing, processing deposits, processing loan or credit card payments, answering balance inquiries or other account questions, admitting customers to their safe deposit box, etc.
- Will be responsible for the cash vault and each till that is used.
- Completes required reports such as the unrecovered difference report, open/close log report, etc., and will maintain records and logs for audit purposes.
- Processes the night drop and balances the Automated Teller Machines on a daily basis.
- Balances the vault and individual till every day; provides assistance to locate differences; and ensures that all differences are properly initialed and, if required, reported to the Senior Universal Banker, Branch Administration and Audit Department immediately.
- Ensures that the appearance of the counter areas are neat, organized, and in accordance with bank policy.
- Ensures all negotiable and confidential records are properly secured each day.
- Conducts regular unannounced audits of the vault and tills, maintaining a record of each audit, and report any exceptions to the Senior Universal Banker, Branch Administration and Audit Department immediately.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services to promote branch growth.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.