Senior Business Analyst
At the very foundation of Healthy Alliance is a shared belief that we exist only because we continue to foster impactful, real change for the community’s most vulnerable. Working with community-based organizations, health plans, hospital systems, and more, we advocate fiercely for health equity within and across all neighborhoods.
Dedicated to promoting a culture built upon autonomy, mastery, and purpose, we believe our differences in strengths and perspectives play an integral role in propelling us forward, while our core values ground us, serving as the common thread that unites our team.
As a 2019-21 Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work and a 2021- 2022 Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in health care award recipient, we strive to maintain a culture wherein high-performing, mission-driven team members collectively work toward better health for all.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing, designing, and improving end-to-end business processes to meet business needs and strategies and drive business decisions that lead to the best return on investment. The Senior Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business and transformation teams to ensure that people, process, technology, and data are always considered when defining requirements and solutions.
This is a remote position within NY state.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Conduct analysis and design at a complex level with consideration for people, processes, and systems with a focus on optimizing efficiency and quality.
- Apply various methods (e.g., interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, competitive product analysis task and workflow analysis and/or requirements workshops) to discover, model, analyze, measure, improve, optimize, and automate end-to-end processes.
- Elicit and analyze business needs and requirements.
- Create documentation including, but not limited to, requirement documents, program guides, RACI matrices, use cases, workflow diagrams, future state proposals, testing plans, issue logs, and task lists.
- Collaborate closely with technology and data teams on design, development, and implementation of solutions, including prioritization of business value and user acceptance testing.
- Manage requirements traceability and changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate processes, develop process improvements or re-engineering as needed to meet the long-term business strategies.
- Provide advice and guidance on best practices in support of new business and system implementations, including integration with existing processes and systems while maintaining adherence to contract terms.
- Support data management, and ensure data is complete, reliable, and valid.
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to diverse audiences (stakeholders, customers).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business analysis, business administration, computer science, engineering science, finance, economics, statistics, or related fields. (Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements)
- Continuing education certifications in business analysis a plus.
- 5-6 years of experience in business analysis with a focus on end-to-end business processes required.
- Management or team leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in health care or social care service industries required.
- Experience with reporting, data analysis, and software development lifecycle required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in flowchart and diagram tools (Microsoft Visio, Lucid chart, etc.)
- Experience with database and reporting tools (SQL, Power BI, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using current business process management and automation tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate business and technical concepts among both internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders through formal and informal methods.
- In-depth understanding of organizational workflows required.
- In-depth understanding of data and its use in management decision-making required.
- Great analytical and critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Performs all work in accordance with Healthy Alliance’s Core Competencies and Values.
This position involves sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing, use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone. May include light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds independently or with assistance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Healthy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment laws in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
This job function involves potential access/interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Healthy Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to Healthy Alliance’s sanctioning policy, which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.
Healthy Alliance is an at-will employer.