Senior Interior Designer
Senior Interior Designer
We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer with 6-10 years who is experienced in leading all aspects of the design process from ideation to implementation guiding clients to innovative and successful outcomes. The Senior Interior Designer will work closely with the principal and clients, direct a talented team, and mentor designers as part of the process.
- Responsible for leading all phases of the design process with a high level of proficiency, expertise, and creativity while adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in design and execution.
- Initiates and creates detailed design concepts with ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria.
- Exhibits understanding and leadership in the architectural design process and integration of standalone interiors projects and design concepts.
- Leads interior design efforts and project teams including design direction and client engagement.
- Uses graphic storytelling to advance the project delivery and scope.
- Participates in marketing efforts, leads design presentations to prospective clients, and develops successful client relationships.
- Prepares client presentation packages, external publications, and award submissions.
- Reviews work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Leads collaborative teams in design reviews and charettes.
- Demonstrates strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance and design ideas.
- Mentors staff.
- Accountable for effective coordination with clients, partners, and consultants throughout the entire project. Prepare presentation materials and design boards.
- Attend in-house team meetings.
- Adheres to and implements firm contract documentation procedures and standards.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Interior Design degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit is required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Desire to be part of a collaborative design team
- Knowledgeable of Building codes and guidelines as applicable
- Performed programming, planning, and site analysis
- Developed preliminary design studies
- Developed Contract Documents.
- Performed Field Observations & Measurements