Senior Manager, Talent Development
Capital Region Chamber seeks Senior Manager, Talent Development
This is an exciting opportunity to drive talent retention and development in the Capital Region through the creation, management, and delivery of dynamic programming that helps our region’s leaders grow their skills, abilities, and networks while giving back to our community. This role will lead the Chamber’s Capital Region Young Professionals Network (YPN) and Leadership Capital Region.
Job Functions & Tasks
Duties and Responsibilities Program Management, Development, and Execution
- Manage the Capital Region Young Professionals Network, which serves as a catalyst to connect, develop, and empower young professionals by offering professional development, networking, and community engagement opportunities designed to sustain a strong talent pipeline. This includes the Executive Mentorship Program, Campus Connect, Volunteer YPN, Communications, and Event Programming.
- Manage Leadership Capital Region, which is an interactive skill development and community immersion program that takes place over the course of nine months in a 40-member cohort.
- Develop and foster relationships with program sponsors and community partners.
- Manage and execute events and programs for the Capital Region Young Professionals Network and Leadership Capital Region, including educational content, program logistics, and securing venues and vendors.
- Create and manage program budgets.
- Work with internal marketing team on promotional materials.
- Determine processes for measuring successes and evaluating program impact, along with continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Volunteer Management and Recruitment
- Manage/work in conjunction with a diverse group of volunteers who serve on committees that aid in program design, marketing, delivery, and engagement. Ensure volunteer succession planning.
- Recruit and orientate volunteers. Ensure an environment where volunteers are heard, valued, and appreciated.
- Assist with facilitating committee meetings.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in program development and execution. Event planning experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and sustain relationships with team members, volunteers, and community partners.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
Qualifications & Experience (continued)
- Strong project management or program management skills, ability to build a strategy and deliver.
- Basic financial acumen and ability to maintain a budget.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
About the Capital Region Chamber
The Capital Region Chamber represents nearly 2,700 member for-profit and non-profit business members that employ more than 150,000 area residents. It provides catalytic leadership, advocacy, and broad-based member services. The Chamber and its Center for Economic Growth affiliate are a unifying force for progress, leading opportunities for businesses to succeed, and for people and our communities to prosper.
The Capital Region Chamber believes that full potential is realized when diversity, equity and inclusion are the standards upon which we strengthen and impact our businesses and communities. As an advocate for regional businesses, the Chamber – through its leadership, actions, educational programming, and community collaboration – is committed to cultivating inclusive economic opportunity for all who call our region home.
The Capital Region Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Letter of application and resume should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates being considered will be contacted.