The Senior Scientist at the Center for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training (CBET) will execute and manage assigned projects related to the CBET’s contract research services. The individual will provide technical expertise and scientific knowledge for design, development, optimization, and delivery of services. The Senior Scientist will work to strengthen the center’s collaborations with the biomanufacturing industry and academic institutions to enhance CBET’s service portfolio. The center’s capabilities can be found at cbet.acphs.edu.
35 workweek -Health, dental, vision, retirement plan with employer match, and generous time off package including up to 20 holidays, personal/sick, vacation time, free life insurance and disability coverage, tuition programs, and wellness reimbursement programs. Additional perks include cell phone discount, gym access, free parking, identity theft protection and many others!
- PhD in biochemistry, microbiology, biology or related discipline.
- Experience in molecular biology and cell culture. Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Culturing and preservation of adherent and suspension mammalian cell lines in flask and bioreactors
- Generation, selection and characterization of mammalian cell lines
- Design and Expression of recombinant proteins using transiently transfected or stable mammalian cell lines
- Production and purification of viral vectors (AAVs)
Ability to lift 40lbs, ability to sit for long periods of time, good manual dexterity
Positions Salary Range: $90,000-100,000
For more information or to apply, visit Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Applicant Portal | Senior Scientist (acphs.edu)