The Senior Scientist will work closely with the Center for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training (CBET) and College faculty and staff to provide expertise and continuous support to achieve CBET’s objectives. The Senior Scientist may be appointed an adjunct faculty role.
• Lead upstream laboratory development activities in coordination with CBET team
• Participate effectively in teaching training programs designed for industry professionals
• Assist in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses offered through the Professional Science Master’s degree program
• Work with the other members of the CBET team to conduct contract research services for the bio-based industry.
• Work with industry partners on projects with an understanding of attention to confidentiality agreements and project details
• Lead projects in the candidate’s area of expertise
• Author technical reports and publications as data become available Expertise in upstream processing and emphasis on mammalian cell systems to complement the existing expertise in microbial systems.
• Experience in bioanalytics and downstream processing is a plus.
• Experience in cell therapy, chromatography, mass spectrometry, and QA/QC are desirable.
• Excellent time management and task prioritization skills
• Work independently and with other members of the team to execute required tasks
• Ph.D. in life sciences, biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related discipline
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an academic or industry environment Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in downstream processing related to the biopharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in a GMP/GLP environment is highly desirable.
Apply online: https://employment.acphs.edu/postings/1198