Senior Software Engineer, Banking Systems
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents, nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.*
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in the Capital District.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Systems Delivery team plans and executes critical changes to CAP COM’s internal and external applications, ensuring functionality, ease of use and accuracy for our employees and members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify and recommend new features and applications in conjunction with business leaders.
- Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies and best practices.
- Implement approved hardware, software, platforms, publishing tools, and programming languages for the development of system updates.
- Mentor other developers, including peer reviewing code and paired programming.
- Recommend and implement enhancements and modifications to the platform.
- Develop software applications and APIs using suitable technologies.
- Partner with Learning & Development Department to train on current and new system enhancements.
- Remain current on regulatory requirements for technology systems.
- Work with Risk Department to define security standards and ensure new and existing applications meet security standards.
- Ensure vulnerability exposures resulting from security scans are addressed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to provide research and development, and proofs of concept for new technology.
- Provide timely resolution to support tickets in accordance to team service level targets.
- Develop comprehensive testing plans.
- Define, develop and maintain unit tests.
- Ensure documentation of any known issues and bugs, track them to resolution, keeping management aware.
- Ensure that technical documentation, coding standards documentation, and SDLC documentation is created and maintained to a high standard.
- Perform peer and lead code reviews.
- Ensure code review process meets security standards.
LET’S TALK IF YOU
- Possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5+) years development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work well in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated technical coaching / mentoring experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of C# or Java and SQL.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
TO THRIVE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- Effective oral, written and auditory communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonus potential and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)