For more information or to apply, visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4a63a361-7dad-4122-98c5-c5e948f6d913&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=385024&source=CC2&lang=en_US
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Senior Universal Banker
Reports to: Business Banker
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE20
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
The Senior Universal Banker is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, lending, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank's objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business; provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day to day operations to the associate banker or other branch personnel. Responsible for attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all in branch customer service requests
- Responsible for opening a till in the absence of the Associate Banker
- Will be assigned referral, account, and retention goals
- Builds and promotes branch identity, drives sales and promotes overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Implements and administers new products or programs including sales promotion and incentive programs, and encourages staff member participation to stimulate new growth.
- Originates installment loans
- Supervises Universal Bankers and Associate Bankers.
- Makes recommendations on the following issues which are given particular weight; assigning jobs, promotions, performance appraisals, counseling, disciplines, and terminations.
- Provides training in bank policies and procedures; conducts regular staff meetings.
- Maintains security measures to protect against criminal and fraudulent activity, unnecessary risk, and exposure.
- Maintains communications between the branch and management through regular reporting and attending staff meetings.
- Knows all features and benefits of the bank’s products, services, and current promotions
- Provides quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
- Handles customer issues in person or over the phone with their bank product or service by assisting in researching and solving the issue.
- Reviews and approves requests such as large check cashing requests, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as operating control loss, tellers’ level of experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous banking experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours*:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
*Hours may vary by branch.
Occasionally upon request.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterity to handle money.
- Must use hands to operate office machines.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
- Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
- Treatment during employment
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
- Selection for training, including apprenticeship
- Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.