Shipping/Receiving Stock Clerk
MTI Instruments, a division of Vitrek, LLC., is a worldwide supplier of precision linear displacement sensors and systems, vibration measurement and balancing solutions and wafer inspection tools is seeking a Quality Technician. The position is production department focused and will be reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Operations. This is a versatile role as it will ensure the quality of both incoming and outgoing material. This associate will also be the process owner of our calibration program and the oversight and execution of MTI’s quality goals and initiatives.
The Shipping/Receiving Stock Clerk will perform variety of tasks to help the organization achieve its revenue and quality objectives. Those activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wide variety of incoming freight, including electronic equipment and components, hardware, customer returns for service, and all other materials stocked for manufacturing precision measuring equipment
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Executes method of shipment based on customer request or company policy.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Fills orders, issues material from stock and rotates inventory to ensure FIFO.
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and shipped.
- Assembles and delivers kits for manufacturing.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not meet the high standards of MTI Instruments.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas.
- Follows all safety requirements of MTI Instruments, local, state and federal jurisdictions.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet customer demands
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor climate controlled setting
- Day shift position with occasional overtime as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Compensation and Benefits:
MTI Instruments is offering a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, including employer matching retirement program contributions and paid vacation time.
MTI Instruments, a division of Vitrek, LLC. is a worldwide supplier of precision linear displacement sensors and systems, vibration measurement and balancing solutions and wafer inspection tools. MTI Instruments, Inc. located in Albany, NY, is an ISO9001:2015 certified.).
MTI Instruments, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply at https://mtiinstruments.com