While demonstrating excellent customer service and ensuring adequate patient flow, the Site Supervisor at Whitney Young Health (WYH) provides day-to-day supervision of the non-provider staff (including front desk, nursing and dental assistants). The Site Supervisor works in collaboration with the supervising Practice Manager on all activities impacting operations at their primary site from the Human Resources and Environment of Care perspectives. The Site Supervisor is a working supervisor staffing the front desk as appropriate.
· Coordinates scheduling and coverage of staff ensuring adequate coverage at all times. Processes staff timesheets and time off requests.
· Works collaboratively with the Chief Medical Officer’s and Dental Director’s respective office staff in processing provider time off requests.
· Once leave is approved, ensures schedules are adjusted as necessary.
· Acts as patient, provider and staff liaison for information, problem solving, assistance or other requests as warranted.
· In collaboration with the supervising Practice Manager, takes a lead role in completing staff evaluations and disciplinary actions.
· In collaboration with the supervising Practice Manager, takes a lead role in hiring, site and departmental orientation and training of new staff.
· Responsible for understanding and implementing the organizational policies and procedures as they relate to practice operations.
· Ensures that front desk staff completes all the required components of registration including completion of required forms, obtaining demographic and insurance information and appropriate application of the Sliding Fee Discount program and its required components.
· Completes designated audits of activities as agreed upon by the Operations Committee chaired by the Chief Operating Officer and/or as requested by the supervising Practice Manager.
· Maintains a strong working knowledge of Insurance plan requirements as it relates to front desk functions; relays new information and trains staff in a timely and on-going basis.
· Learns and keeps current on all programs and services offered at Whitney Young Health (not just those at their primary site).
· Participates in Performance Improvement Activities.
· Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
· Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
· Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
· Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree; two (2) plus years of progressively responsible customer service experience in a health care setting; two (2) years of supervisory experience; Proficient in electronic medical record environment, specifically practice management with experience in Microsoft Office applications. Able to work well under pressure and exercise good independent judgment. Excellence in customer service. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Associates Degree with four (4) years related supervisory experience; Experience with Health Information processing; experience working with Athena is a plus; Bi-lingual skills.
Please be aware that as a facility regulated under Article 28 of the New York State Public Health Law, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment. Whitney Young Health also requires the COVID-19 booster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.