Special Events Coordinator
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and related experience in fundraising, public relations, or marketing; strong speaking and writing skills; ability to work effectively as part of a team; ability to manage multiple priorities and be detail-oriented; computer literate; valid NYS Driver's License
General Description: Coordinate fundraising, special events, and community education activities; identify potential volunteers, sources of funding, and in-kind contributions; assist Director of Development with other fundraising, donor cultivation projects, and public relations tasks as necessary.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Coordinate, plan, and implement special events:
- Develop new special events or modify existing events to meet fundraising needs of
- Take steps to ensure long-term success of each event
-Work directly with event committee members to assist in obtaining sponsorships and auction donations
- Identify and train committee members for special events
- Recruit and train volunteers for events as needed
- Pursue in-kind support for events to maximize net proceeds
- Monitor and control event expenses
- Coordinate event publicity
- Evaluate events and prepare reports summarizing event activities and providing recommendations for the future
-Work with outside organizations interested in hosting events to benefit the Food Bank
2. Solicit funding, in-kind support, and volunteers from business and community groups on an ongoing basis
3. Assist Director of Development with accurate and timely processing of donations and
4. Assist with the cultivation of current and potential donors.
5. Perform other duties as necessary to meet Food Bank needs.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Caitlynk@regionalfoodbank.net.