Special Projects Producer
WRGB/WCWN has an immediate opening for a Special Projects Producer! The right person will produce stories for our education, government accountability, and investigative unit. We are looking for someone who understands how to dig for a story, research, and write with an edge, using strong storytelling and TV production to make powerful and memorable stories. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is required. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is a plus.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
- Work with the News Director, Assistant News Director, and reporters to schedule special project reports.
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine special project pitches and story scripts.
- Work closely with reporters as assigned on specific projects.
- Write online versions of investigative reports and produce digital-specific content for each investigation.
- Assist other reporters and producers as assigned.
- Assist in breaking news coverage as assigned.
- Assist in assignment desk coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Please apply at http://sbgi.net/