Systems Analyst (Master Data Management)
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution – do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC’s policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief).
CLICK HERE to apply for this role: Systems Analyst (Master Data Management.
NYeC is seeking a Systems Analyst (Master Data Management) to be responsible for managing and maintaining the NYeC organization’s Master Data Management system. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as experience working with data management systems, data modeling, and data quality management.
This position reports to the Director, IT Operations. This role will be based out of either the Albany or Manhattan, NY office. This role has a hybrid work schedule with 1 day per week required to be operated out of the Albany or Manhattan, NY office location and the remainder days of the week eligible to work remotely. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, and maintain the Master Data Management system to ensure data accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Develop and maintain data models, data mappings, and data flow diagrams to ensure that data is managed effectively.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and prioritize business requirements for data management, including data governance, data quality, and data standardization.
- Develop and maintain data quality rules, and implement data cleansing and enrichment procedures to improve data accuracy and completeness.
- Continuously monitor and improve the Master Data Management system, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and data governance policies.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials to ensure that users can effectively utilize the MDM system.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in Master Data Management, and evaluate their potential impact on the organization.
- Contribute to HITRUST (security certification) documentation needs by creating, contributing, or maintaining policies and procedures as it relates to data governance of customer facing products.
- Communicate master data management best practices and training to stakeholders and data stewards.
- Provide reporting and analysis to support data-driven decision making and continuous improvement of master data management processes.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Understanding of healthcare data, systems, and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets.
- Experience with data quality management and data governance, including data standardization, data cleansing, and data enrichment.
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and data mapping methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 3+ years of experience in data management, data modeling, or a related field, with specific experience working with Master Data Management systems.
- WebSphere Application Server administration and configuration.
- XML, XSLT and related web technologies.
- Web Services development and integration.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Familiarity with IBM WebSphere Initiate's data model, architecture, and governance policies.
We consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may cause compensation to vary depending on your skills, experience, qualifications, and home office location (Manhattan, NY vs. Albany, NY). The annual base salary range for this role is $65,000 - $80,000. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, NYeC will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with NYeC. All compensation questions and comments should be directed to the HR Department representative during your application, interview, and hiring process.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at http://nyehealth.org/about-nyec/careers. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.