Systems Technologist, Banking Systems
Make a smart move to an organization that values your talents,
nurtures your skills, and rewards your success.
CAP COM is a more than a workplace, it’s a people place. Employees have voted us a Best Place to Work every year since 2004.*
We are a credit union that provides the same financial solutions as a big bank – with a lot more heart. People bank here for our award-winning service, dedicated professionals (supported with generous benefits), and outreach to those in need in the Capital District.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Banking Systems team provides full systems lifecycle management for 3rd party platforms that support delivery of best-in-class services to CAP COM’s members. This role is charged with identifying timing on the incorporation of advanced platform features (as they become available) and the subsequent orchestration, implementation, and ongoing support of the functionality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establish strong vendor relationships.
- Develop deep familiarity with vendor roadmaps.
- Advocate for new features that will benefit CAP COM members.
- Cultivate partnerships with key business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business teams on deployments of updates.
- Contribute to the definition of internal strategies to capitalize on forthcoming vendor platform capabilities.
- Identify opportunities for addressing technical debt as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of competing products / platforms in the industry.
- Define systems maintenance plans to account for ongoing upgrades.
- Conduct prototyping and R&D exercises on an as-needed basis.
- Apply critical thinking skills to identify potential technical solutions to business requirements.
- Ensure platform testing is completed prior to all production releases.
- Deploy product changes according to standard release processes.
- Configure platforms in alignment with security standards.
- Coordinate with vendors to identify and apply changes to resolve issues.
- Provide timely resolution to support tickets in accordance to team service level targets.
- Develop and maintain automated tests to confirm platform functionality works as expected (where possible).
- Stay current on secure configuration / deployment practices.
- Implement updates in accordance with documented SDLC standards.
- Perform peer reviews for system updates as applicable.
LET’S TALK IF YOU
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5+) years’ of systems management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Can demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills.
- Have a strong understanding of communications and customer service principles.
- Can show sensitivity to browser compatibility issues.
- Have experience in gathering, analyzing, and meeting business requirements.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
TO THRIVE AT CAP COM YOU NEED
- To be able to operate in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral, written and auditory communication skills, as well as interpersonal interaction skills.
Our reputation truly precedes us, and we recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource. We encourage an inclusive atmosphere of honesty, fairness and communication that creates a united force of successful professionals. At CAP COM you can bring your authentic self to work every day.
WHAT YOU GET
CAP COM invests in you and your future with development and training, mentoring and recognition programs. We are a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions. We also provide competitive PTO, holidays, bonus potential and tuition reimbursement.
At our headquarters there is an on-site gym and fitness classes, an on-site café, healthy meal deliveries and a 130-acre public park just out the back door (there is a reason we have been named a Healthiest Employer by the Albany Business review).
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Nathan Wilson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 ext. 4300
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*Albany Business Review (confidential employee survey)