Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by telephone and/or mail. Collect deposits, payments or fees. Maintain collection and tax search records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Coordinates daily collection calls to delinquent customers and ensure compliance with debt collection laws and regulations.
- Prepare bankruptcy packets in compliance with bankruptcy laws.
- Prepares delinquency letters in compliance with regulations and timing requirements.
- Prepares foreclosure and judgment files for manager’s review.
- Searching county websites or books for delinquent taxes in accordance to regulations and timing requirements.
- Preparing letters in accordance to tax search procedures.
- Logging information in excel formats.