Teacher Aides - Floaters
TEACHER AIDES - FLOATERS
Teacher Aide Floater is part of the team who assists in activities in the daycare classroom. Works with typically developing preschool age children and/or children with special needs. As a Floater, will be assigned to various classrooms or sites as deemed necessary for program operations. Candidate must be willing to work where needed within the Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa area of Saratoga County.
- Assists staff in all classroom or parent and children activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition
- and proper social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents/toys clean and orderly.
- Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises.
- Serves as a substitute in the absence of the teacher or assistant teacher.
REQUIREMENTS - Please send a letter of interest along with a resume.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience working with preschool children and familiarity interacting with teaching staff.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, possess own transportation and be able to drive a company vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions if necessary.
BENEFITS - Positions works 35 hours per week, 51 weeks per year and offers $11.80 per hour.
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time, Paid School Breaks
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.