Teller Retail Banker - Glenmont
Take the next step toward your new career today!
Become a part of the diverse and inclusive team within our nationally recognized award-winning Bank that is one of the strongest in the nation. Woodforest National Bank is privately owned, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan is the largest shareholder. We focus on building relationships and discovering opportunities to better serve our communities and understand the financial needs of every customer we serve. At Woodforest we care and prove it by volunteering with local charities and foodbanks to give back to the communities we serve. By joining Woodforest you will become a part of one of the largest employee-owned banks in the country!
Our Retail Bankers are the face of our organization and are critical in caring for our customers each day. As a Retail Banker you will receive training that will allow you to successfully engage and enhance the customer’s experience by offering products and services that best meet their needs. The well-rounded knowledge base that you develop will prepare you for advancement opportunities and a robust career in banking at Woodforest. Key responsibilities include:
- Achieving individual sales by proactively identifying, marketing, and recommending bank products and services beneficial to customers.
- Processing transactions, opening accounts, and performing account maintenance.
- Handling branch servicing duties such as vault balancing, cash ordering, and maintenance of automated teller machines.
- Employing problem solving skills to address customer inquiries and/or concerns in a manner consistent with the Woodforest Experience training.
Qualifications - External
· 1 year of relevant and transferrable sales and/or customer service experience
OR an equivalent amount of directly related college education or volunteer service.
· Previous instore banking experience is preferred, but not required.
· Must be positive and engaging.
Formal Education & Certification:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Little to no overnight travel expected. Based on the occasional business need, you may be expected to cover nearby branch locations up to 45 miles from your assigned branch location.
· Conditions include standing most of the time, may involve walking, moving, bending, stooping or sitting for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying items up to 30 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.