The full time training specialist will play an important role within the Learning and Development (L&D) department. Primarily this person will be responsible for coordinating, tracking and reporting out on all online and in person trainings for new and existing team members. The position will also require providing in person trainings on an as needed basis.
Primary Duties & Essential Functions:
- Develops and disseminates training calendars
- Coordinates with HR regarding new employees. Ensures they are active and set up as needed in the learning management system, are assigned appropriate Training Plans and are enrolled in required trainings
- Reviews incoming new employees' training records and certifications to determine compliance needs.
- Creates and maintains electronic records for all live event trainings
- Reports out training attendance
- Uploads and files certificates and other documents to employees' learning management system trainlng record
- Processes payments through the use of purchase requisitions to the American Red Cross for completed CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications
- Updates, maintains and makes recommendations for improvements to the L&D website
- Ensures that training supplies are ordered and replenished as needed
- Ensures that all satellite TCI and SCIP-R trainers have current certifications in place
- Participate in organization and agency-wide staff meetings, work groups, committees and other program related activities as appropriate
- The ability to assist and lead in a variety of in person training topics
- If needed and as required the ability to become and maintain a Therapeutic Crisis Instructor (TCI) and a Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention Instructor (SCIP) certification
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skills
- High School Diploma — Associates Degree preferred
- Experience with RELIAS learning management system preferred
- Outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Must have strong administration experience
- Good computer and typing skills are required
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to utilize ZOOM, Microsoft teams etc.
- Detail Orientation — accurate and efficient.
Abilities and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work a first shift.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license
- Willingness to respond to the needs of a culturally diverse population
- Ability to be seated and use computer equipment for several hours a day.
- Display a positive, professional and proactive attitude to accomplish quality work that is in line with the agency's mission statement.
- Plan, schedule, organize, collaborate seek process improvement.
- Must be flexible and able to changing priorities in a fast environment.
- Confidentiality of information is critical.
- Exhibits a professional, courteous demeanor with internal and external constituents.
Vanderheyden is committed to the Sanctuary Model - a blueprint for clinical and organizational change which, at its core, promotes safety and recovery from adversity through the active creation of a trauma-informed community. The Sanctuary Model's focus is not only on the people who seek services, but equally on the people and systems that provide those services.
Vanderheyden Hall Inc., as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, military or marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, prior arrest or conviction record or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.