VP of Construction & Design
Alaant is pleased to partner with The Rosenblum Companies in their recruitment for a VP of Construction & Design to join their team. The Rosenblum Companies create and sustain better spaces to build strong communities, they have been a trusted name in the property management world for over 40 years and are a fourth-time winner of the Albany Business Review Best Places to Work award.
The ideal candidate will report to the CEO and serve the company’s leadership team. This candidate will uphold the track record of creating and sustaining better spaces to build stronger communities. This member will execute important components of the company’s vision of continued growth, excellence and environmental stewardship.
What you will do:
- Lead department responsible for all aspects of new development, tenant improvement and property upgrade projects.
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team of project managers, superintendents and tradespeople with an eye toward retention and career development, and achievement of client and financial objectives.
- Strategically manage company relationships with outside general contractors, trade contractors and subcontractors.
- Source and manage design (architectural and engineering) relationships to ensure optimal project delivery.
- Lead the company’s research and evaluation of sustainable project design and construction methods such as NetZero/ Passive House etc.
- Uphold a culture of risk management and implement practices and plans to protect jobsites, workers and assets; assure that OSHA standards are met or exceeded.
- Set a high bar for project quality and long-term serviceability of building systems.
- Work collaboratively with all project team members while upholding company’s interests and assuring project objectives are met.
- Evaluate and implement systems, training, strategic recruitment and evaluation of outsourcing versus self-perform opportunities.
- Implement departmental metrics, reporting methods, and ensure achievement of project schedule, quality and budget/profit objectives.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the study of Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- 10 years’ experience managing ground-up construction projects of $5+ million.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and commitment to continuous learning and improvement. Experience with Passive House, NetZero or other sustainable design construction projects, including a keen understanding of the products and systems utilized, as well as the construction execution requirements associated with projects of this nature.
- Project estimating, bidding and negotiation experience
- Ability to interpret and evaluate design documents and contracts, identifying deficiencies, schedule concerns and other project issues.
- Familiarity with both design-build and plan and spec projects, value engineering capabilities.
- OSHA 30 training.
- Experience closing out multiple high-quality jobs on time and on budget.
To apply directly to this position, please visit the following job link:
For more details on this role contact: Megan Ermalowicz at Megan.Ermalowicz@alaant.com, 518-689-0710
Alaant Workforce Solutions wants all interested applicants to know we are hiring a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Glassdoor
At Alaant we believe in People First! We Care. We Listen & We Support.