WIC Medical/Nutrition Assistant - Bi-lingual preferred
*Remote interviewing is an option
This position plays an integral role in the LifeWorks Community Action WIC Department, (Women Infant Children) providing clinic and office support to the staff. Will gather information from clients and customers for nutrition assessments and perform a variety of support tasks including but not limited to determining program categorical eligibility along with residential and income eligibility.
- Screen participants for WIC categorical, residential and income eligibility. Post pandemic, will travel with department to various off –site WIC clinics throughout Saratoga County.
- Collect information for the nutrition assessment process, including obtaining anthropometric and hematological data, as trained.
- Assist with the scanning of documents required for the WIC electronic file.
- Responsible for assisting with reminder calls, no-show calls and phone coverage.
- Explains program and procedures of the WIC Program to participants, answer participant questions.
- Assists with EBT card issuance, informs WIC participant of their rights and responsibilities, schedules future appointments, inform participant of items needed for next WIC appointment.
- Provide referrals to health and social services, and document follow-up.
- Identify and refer participants to a Competent Professional Authority (CPA) or Qualified Nutritionist.
- Assist Qualified Nutritionists and CPA’s in planning and evaluating participant-centered nutrition education (such as FitWIC, Food demos, etc.).
- Participate in breastfeeding promotion and support.
- Assists with maintaining office cleanliness.
Position starts at $14.00 per hour.
REQUIREMENTS – please send a letter of interest along with a resume
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years’ experience in nutrition services and/or a health related field; or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Experience working with low income families desired.
- Good computer skills and data base experience is necessary.
- Flexible schedule is necessary, must be available for Thursday evening clinic (resuming post pandemic) as well as a rotating schedule for the first Saturday of the month.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and exercise good judgment.
- Must possess a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- May occasionally be required to drive own vehicle to temporary off-site WIC clinics which will resume post pandemic.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance and 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
LifeWorks Community Action (formerly Saratoga County EOC) is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Crisis Intervention, Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.