Bold in Business 2023
Thursday, October 12, 2023 (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM) (EDT)
Samara Bay is a sought-after thought leader, speech coach, and best-selling author of "Permission to Speak." With a mission to change how power sounds, she empowers clients, including C-suite execs, public figures, moms returning to work, students, healthcare providers, diplomats, academics, and celebrities, to speak with confidence and joy. Her keynotes and workshops offer wildly practical tips and inspiring tales, encouraging a voice that's specific, brave, joyful, and diverse. Samara's work, featured in prestigious media outlets, emphasizes the transformative power of changing what power sounds like. She partners with organizations, runs workshops, and collaborates with Hollywood stars to integrate good acting with good accents. With a B.A. in English from Princeton and an M.F.A. in acting from Brown, Samara shares her expertise in public speaking, from overcoming voice bias in the workplace to a new approach to speaking in public.
Samara will provide guidance & tips on the following:
- Find your unique voice: Speak with confidence and joy in a voice that reflects your true self, leaving a lasting impact.
- Overcome voice bias: Address power dynamics and bias in communication for navigating professional challenges.
- Embrace diversity in communication: Value diverse voices and styles to foster an inclusive and effective workplace.
- Master public speaking: Acquire practical tips to excel in pitches, presentations, and leadership roles.
- Unlock your potential: Embrace the future, making a difference in your life and the lives of others.
All participants will also receive a copy of her book, #1 Bestseller, Permission to Speak!
"Blending anecdotes with eye-opening research in leadership, linguistics, and social science, Permission to Speak shows you how to strike the right balance of strength and warmth to land your message; exactly what to do before a high-stakes scenario so that your voice, your mind, and your spirit are ready; and how to turn habits like vocal fry and upspeak into tools. Most important, you’ll discover your voice story: why you talk the way you do, what’s wonderful about it, and what you’ve outgrown."
As a sponsor of this year’s Bold in Business, Times Union Women@Work is offering attendees a 20% discount on annual membership. Use the discount code CHAMBER; all capital letters. Sign up at https://womenatworkny.com/join/.