BusinessU: Fraud Didn’t Stop for COVID-19 – Neither Should Your Risk Management Strategy
Thursday, October 29, 2020 (9:00 AM - 10:15 AM) (EDT)
With the fast-paced evolution of technology and continuously shifting business landscape, it’s always been a challenge for business leaders to identify and manage the various risk factors that threaten their business, employees and customers. The methods of fraud and cyberattack have now changed again as businesses quickly pivot to withstand the impacts of COVID-19, seek new forms of financial aid, and transition between remote work and offices.
Join us to learn about the emerging types of fraud you should be looking out for, as well as how to efficiently reduce your known risks through both planning and implementation of tools and resources. The conversation will cover:
- The most common types of fraud that can surge in the current business environment
- The important changes in IT security that have recently occurred
- New fraud opportunities that have recently arisen given the current climate
- The critical steps to take to efficiently reduce risks
- What can be done in the current climate if a fraud, IT or cybersecurity incident occurs
- How to implement internal controls for IT fraud, cybersecurity, scams, phishing, and more
Instruction by an expert from FoxPointe Solutions, an affiliate of The Bonadio Group focused on enterprise risk management, as well as an accounting professional from The Bonadio Group’s Fraud & Forensics practice.
This event is virtual and you will receive the session link the day before.