Medicare and You: Know Your Options
Wednesday, January 1, 2020 12:00 AM - Thursday, December 31, 2020 12:00 AM (EST)
If you’re aging into Medicare, there’s a lot to understand and many choices to make. If Medicare is new to you, you’re going to have a lot of questions, such as:
- What, exactly, is Medicare?
- How do you make informed choices for coverage that’s right for you?
- When should coverage take effect?
- What about prescription coverage?
- Are there penalties for not enrolling?
- What’s the difference between Medicare Advantage and a supplemental plan?
It’s important to gain an understanding of the different parts of Medicare, what it offers, who is eligible and when to enroll. For example, many people assume that enrollment in Medicare is automatic: it is not. It is up to everyone to begin the process as they approach the age of 65.
The chamber has formed a partnership to help provide Medicare guidance: Vicki A. Beyer of Beyer Health Plus LLC. Vicki is an independent broker that can work with you, answering your questions, educating you, and helping you make the choices that are right for you. She is licensed in both New York State and Florida.