Residential Energy Auditor
Join our caring, community focused team and help make a customer’s home more comfortable and energy efficient!
The Energy Auditor will inspect and evaluate a home’s weatherization and energy features to establish if work can be performed to make the home more energy efficient. Will visit customers’ homes in Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. Agency vehicle will be provided.
- Schedule customers for energy audits and perform audits in accordance with guidelines set by the Division of Housing and Community Renewal’s (DHCR), Bureau of Energy Affordability and the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Analyze and evaluate homes using BPI standards based on appropriate building science techniques. Educate clients on ways to save energy within their homes.
- Coordinate on-site work of weatherization Crew Chiefs & Crews while providing technical assistance.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BPI certification as an Energy Auditor and Building Analyst a plus but we will train. BPI Certification in HVAC is helpful. Must obtain and maintain the following BPI certifications: Analyst, Heating and Mobile Home.
- Associate’s Degree preferred or high school diploma /GED with experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of modeling software and building science a plus.
- Construction experience in residential framing. Electrical knowledge helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning is helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds. Maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Must have a clean, valid New York State driver’s license. Will use company provided vehicles.
Schedule: position works Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Salary starting at $18.00/hour and we are willing to train. Will pay up to $22.00/hour with full credentials and relevant experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
- Paid professional development provided
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, NY, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources for LifeWorks Community action via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and complete an employment application at https://www.lifeworksaction.org/careers and send in via email.