STS Steel, Inc. is currently seeking to fill the position of Welder. The ideal candidate is motivated, detail oriented, organized, and needs little direct supervision. The individual must understand the potential dangers of working in a complex / busy environment handling large pieces of steel and therefore must follow all safety guidelines.
- Performing high quality welding using SMAW, FCAW, and SAW processes in accordance with specified weld symbols and procedures shown on documents.
- Use distortion control techniques to keep assemblies in tolerance after welding.
- Perform oxy-fuel torch cutting of parts for assembly.
- Assist layout and fitters with assembling structural assemblies.
- Quality, safety minded, reliable, precise, self-motivated.
- Honest, trustworthy, accurate, and dedicated to their career.
All jobs at STS Steel include the requirement to perform any task needed to satisfy our customers. We need a flexible, skilled workforce to meet the schedule and quality requirements of our customers. We embrace a diverse workplace and have associates from many races and ethnic backgrounds working together in an environment of trust and collaboration. Many of our shop associates are immigrants hailing from places such as Guyana, Cambodia, Mongolia, Bosnia, and the Dominican Republic. We are very proud of our diverse associates who all share a passion for building complex structures with excellence and craftsmanship. We encourage people who are underrepresented in the fields of manufacturing and construction to apply. You will find a respectful and supportive workplace.
STS Steel is an employee owned, diverse workplace in a drug-free environment. We are highly respected steel fabricator of bridges, buildings, and hydraulic structures. STS Steel holds AISC quality certification for Buildings, Advanced Bridges, Hydraulic Structures with endorsements for Sophisticated Paint and Fracture Critical. If you are interested in the position described above visit our website at stssteel.com to complete an online application. STS Steel, Inc. is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
10-hour shift (5:00 am – 3:30 pm, M-Th + 5:00 am – 2:30 pm F)
- 401(k) + matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
Experience: Welding: 2 years (Preferred)